Environmental scientists often advice people to practice being eco-friendly as much as they can. It should be taken to note that becoming eco-friendly doesn’t happen overnight, it also doesn’t mean it cannot be started, with the smallest of gestures to saving the planet seen as a step in the right direction.
Here’s a list of ten simple items you can start shopping for in order to be more eco-friendly (go green).
- Clothing: The clothes we buy can actually be one of the simplest and easiest items to start with, looking out for tags on the clothes that say it is made from recycled material.
- Biodegradable waste bags: Taking out the trash doesn’t have to be harmful to the environment, with biodegradable bags doing the work of both preserving the environment and taking out your trash.
- LED Bulb: LED light bulbs conserve energy and reduce harmful emission to the environment that is experienced with some other light bulbs like the fluorescent and halogen bulbs.
- Shopping Bags: Reusable shopping can be very stylish, save you the hassle of buying plastic bags whenever you go the market while still protecting the environment from undecomposable plastic waste. That is a win on all fronts.
- Solar Products: Using solar-powered products is also a great way to save money while saving the planet, as it reduces the dependence on fossil fuels while getting its source of energy directly from the sun.
- Phone cases: This is another frequently bought item, as there are a lot more phones presently owned than there are people in the world. It is imperative that we try to buy phone cases made from recyclable materials which are also compostable.
- Organic Skincare Products: Not only is it good for the environment, but organic skincare products are also much better for your skin than other synthetic products, as your skin absorbs about 60% of what is rubbed on it into the bloodstream.
- Recycled Aluminium Foil: Another frequently used item is the aluminium foil, this is used in our homes very often and it also protects the environment while taking less energy to manufacture.
- Eco-friendly Furniture: Furniture made from wood or any recyclable material help preserve the earth while being stylish.
- Toilet Tissue: There are toilet tissues made from recyclable materials which save water, reduces carbon emissions and still takes crap perfectly (pun intended).
There are still a lot of basic items that could be easily integrated into your daily habit to help you go green, from your note books, printing paper, pens and drinking bottles. So take a chance on nature and go green!